? ??????????????Desert Incubation? ????? ?? ???Rating: 5.0 (1 Rating)??0 Grabs Today. 482 Total Grabs. ???
???Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ????????????????????? ??????Ground Breaker? ????? ?? ???Rating: 3.0 (2 Ratings)??4 Grabs Today. 819 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Being a Wife?!?

Hi all sorry that it has been a while since I last blogged. Anyway, I hope that you are all having a blessed day. I have been thinking about being a wife alot these past couple of days, thanks to my hubby who preached out of Ephesians 5 Sunday. He preached about having a Spirit filled relationship and being a Spirit filled couple. It really worked on my heart and I have realized in alot of ways I am a selfish wife, I think about my needs and what my husband can do for me and not what I can do for him, and what we can do for Him together. I know without a doubt that I love Jesse with all my heart and really do strive to do my best at being a wife, but that is where the problem comes in, I should not rely on what I can do but what Christ can do through me.

I just want Jesse to know that I love him more than anything and I do pray for him and us everyday. I love to see him stand in a pulpit and declare God's Word, I love to see him work, and believe me he does work, I love when he is a Pastor, but I love most of all the fact the he lives Christ everyday and he is my husband. When we laugh and are silly, when we talk and are serious, when we argue, when he plays with babies, when he picks on me, when I pick on him, I LOVE JESSE ALL THE TIME!

Please pray for me that I will be the wife that Christ would have me be.

5 comments:

chadandnikki said...

Girl, I have to pray that every day. Every. Single. Day. It's really in my prayer journal every day. Lord, I want to be a better wife and mommy so my boys see Christ through me, and not just Nikki. Daily struggle. Thanks for bringing that up. I Love You.

Joan Carr said...

There is not a wife anywhere that has become the perfect wife. You are just learning normal things that we all had to learn when we first got married and are still learning 28 years later. That first year or so there is a lot of learning, giving and taking going on. We all went through it, and all those that get married will go through it also. I Love You, my Daughter that I did not give birth to, but my daughter!!

Heather said...

I've been doing a lot of pondering on that wonderful message that Preacher Jesse preached on Sunday too. The Lord has been showing me so many ways that I fail to put my family in the right place, but even more the ways I forget to put Him in FIRST place....Life is not about me like I think it is but about HIM.

Jamie Lynn said...

I thought I would let you know. I pray for you whenever you cross my mind.

"I thank my God upon every remembrance of you"
-Philippians 1:3

Tracy said...

Its easy to be selfish and find flaws in them but sometimes for me it is hard to see my flaws. I pray that I would be a better wife and mother. I guess it all comes with experience and lots of prayer! Amy I think you are so wonderful! You are a great wife and I know you love Jesse with your whole heart, that is what counts. And by both of you loving the Lord first you will grow to be something great! You are such a blessing and an encouragement to me. I love you!!