? ??????????????Desert Incubation? ????? ?? ???Rating: 5.0 (1 Rating)??0 Grabs Today. 482 Total Grabs. ???
???Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ????????????????????? ??????Ground Breaker? ????? ?? ???Rating: 3.0 (2 Ratings)??4 Grabs Today. 819 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Friday, February 27, 2009

How Simple

As I was praying this morning I was thinking about how simple a prayer is. To communicate with our Heavenly Father all we have to do is humbly speak to Him. I thought of the simple prayer that children pray before they eat,
God is good, God is great, let us thank Him for our food, by His hands we shall be fed, give us Lord our daily bread. Amen.
This thought spoke volumes to me after the message that we heard on Sunday night about worry. This prayer is so simple yet so profound. It states the truth about my God. He is Good all the time, He always makes Good on all His promises to the child of God. God is Great, He is the only all knowing, all encompassing, all powerful, supreme being. He is in control of everything nothing happens without his Will being fulfilled. Let us thank Him for our food, not just our food but everything that God has been so good to provide for us. By His hands we shall be fed, this line makes me think of the worry in my life and how all things come from the Father. If He provides for the fouls of the air and grass of the field then why would He let His child go without. By His hands all things are provide, not just worldly things. He gave His son a sacrifice for me, little unworthy me. I think of all the things that I do to fail Him everyday and He still provides for me. Give us Lord our daily bread, all things we need spiritually or physically all we need to do is humbly ask and God will provide for us the support and Love that we need and give us the Grace to make it through. All these truths hit me today, the words in a child's Prayer that is said day after day in homes, schools, and daycares everywhere, it touched my heart. It made me realize how humble I need to be when approaching my God. As Jesse says all the time it does not matter how eloquent the prayer, how long, or how many ways you try to Church it up, it all comes down to humble submission. Amen, it is true.

3 comments:

Joan Carr said...

It is such a blessing to see you growing in the Lord.

chadandnikki said...

So very true. Humble submission. So simple, but SO VERY HARD! Love both of you bery much.

Jamie Lynn said...

i never thought about that prayer like that before!
but that's really neat. i'll probably always keep that in mind now..

&& yes, i did smile back! :) haha