? ??????????????Desert Incubation? ????? ?? ???Rating: 5.0 (1 Rating)??0 Grabs Today. 482 Total Grabs. ???
???Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ????????????????????? ??????Ground Breaker? ????? ?? ???Rating: 3.0 (2 Ratings)??4 Grabs Today. 819 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Losing weight and gaining knowledge of our Lord

First of all lets start with something exciting but less important. I have lost two more pounds so that is a total of six since the beginning of the year. (So exciting) Jesse is such a good motivator and I feel so much better since I have started working out and making myself get up and do something.
Second Jesse and I attended the 20/20 Conference in Wake Forest this past weekend it was a wonderful experience. I was a little unsure of what to expect but it was wonderful. Jesse and I arrived on the beautiful campus of Southeastern Seminary and we were in such a hurry that we did not take the time to enjoy how beautiful it really is there, we took a little more time on Saturday to enjoy the warm weather and the beautiful area. The building that they call the Chapel, which I would think that it is a little more than a chapel, was so beautiful. We went mainly because Jesse wanted to hear Mark Driscoll. I had never really heard much of his preaching, all I knew is he wrote the books with the cool covers that Jesse reads all the time.
Mark Driscoll is the pastor of Mars Hill Church in Seattle Washington, http://www.marshillchurch.org/, he reaches out to the younger age group and has a gift for reaching out to those who are hurting and broken. He expounds on God's Word in a way that is easily understandable to those who are new in Christ and I think that has alot to do with his popularity. I was afraid to begin with that it was going to be extremely liberal and I was going to be turned off by the whole experience but that was not it at all, he stands on the Word, preaches the Blood, preaches sin is death and hell, and Christ is the only way to Salvation. If you have never heard of him I would suggest visiting his website and if you ever have the chance to hear him in person I would suggest that you go, you will not be disappointed. Thank you to my husband who took me to this event, it was a great help to me. It helped me to see how to live Christ a little more in everything that I do. We purchased several more of his books, so I am sure that this is not the last that you will hear about him. Have a blessed day!

PS Candice that I work with, her son Aiden had to be rushed to CMC last night for shortness of breath and possible RSV. There was a chance the he was going to have to be put on a respirator. Please pray for this little guy, he just turned nine months old, pray for his mom and dad as well. I am not sure where they stand with the Lord.

1 comments:

chadandnikki said...

Congrats on the wt loss. It's hard, but so worth the way it makes you feel. Glad you guys had a good time. Love You.