? ??????????????Desert Incubation? ????? ?? ???Rating: 5.0 (1 Rating)??0 Grabs Today. 482 Total Grabs. ???
???Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ????????????????????? ??????Ground Breaker? ????? ?? ???Rating: 3.0 (2 Ratings)??4 Grabs Today. 819 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Thursday, April 2, 2009

It is a Good day, It is a Good day!

So the blog by Simply Donna motivated me to vent a little today. I also work in the medical field and I will do you one better I work in the ER of a county hospital. Is it ok if I vent for a second?
1. People call in all the time just cause they think they need too. So that means that I have to register 80% of all the outpatient charts at CMH today.
2. The people that I work around and with are kinda flighty, I mean I know that I can be too, but must we freak out all the time.
3. I am amazed at the fact that patients come in and have no clue what they are here for, what their doctors name is, what is hurting or giving them problems, or if they have insurance. ( No these are not old senile patients, these are people my age some of which I know.)
4. "I need your insurance card and photo id every time that you come in." "Why?" "Just to torture you!" I do not want to see your insurance card just for fun I get no reward for copying it and I do not care if you drivers licences picture looks bad. Just hand it over peaceably.
5. When I ask for your current mailing address, that means the place that you get your mail now, not what it use to be 15 years ago.
6. Please do not have a cow when I ask you for money, it is not my fault and I try to do it as nicely as I can, all you have to say is I do not have it.
7. If I do not have an order or a proper order it is not my fault do not yell at me yell at your wonderful MD or his staff that cannot properly fill out the form that is self explanatory. They can even do it on the computer in most cases and it tells you what boxes to fill out.
8. No my desk is not a trash can and no I do not want to throw away your tissue or your puke bag or the gauze that you had on your bloody finger. I actually had a woman eat an ice cream cone right in front of me one day tryng to get registered for an xray. On the same day I had a man eat a big mac while registering his son for surgery, and then ask me to throw his trash away. (Is this the hospital or the park really people?!?) There is a trash can right beside of you.

I digress, I am thankful that I have a job to complain about and I also really like my job, the environment is just kinda stressful sometimes. Thank you for letting me vent.

3 comments:

Joan Carr said...

Do you feel better now. It must just be the medical field that brings this out in all of you.
Seriously what do people use as brains, I wonder many times, and I don't have a public job. I can only imagine what all of you have to deal with.

chadandnikki said...

It seems people in Caldwell County are as brilliant as the ones over in Burke County.

Phil said...

You should ride with us at EMS sometime :) That's where it get's interesting. You get to give the people that can't get to the ER a limo ride to the hospital with lights and sirens... immagine all that attention for poor little them. Their feelings are hurt.. and they havn't talked to anyone all week... and oh yea my head hurts so I need to go to the hospital. hehe. I feel your frusterations ... i've been there and see it.. just be thankful that God has blessed us like He has! Have a good week (since it will be quiet around the house) and look for a chance to witness! Take care!